We offer qualified Belly Dance instruction from Beginner to Teacher level, and Belly Dance Performances, in Durban South Africa.
I am Senta Duffield, Principal and Owner of Maya Dance Company, and I encourage you to find the Goddess within, through Belly Dance.
Senta and Maya Dance Company on the Expresso Show with Lisa Raleigh in June 2012
Senta’s Mission Statement for Maya Dance Company:
• To run a studio where dancers feel safe and at home and where I can pass on the gift of healing, beauty, bubbliness, respect and love, that Belly Dance has given to me
• to dance and teach with love, compassion, respect and integrity for Belly Dance, my students, my fellow teachers, SADTA Belly Dance division and myself
• to nurture women in their own personal healing and growth, encouraging their unique expression of their true selves and to celebrate the Goddess in all women, in all her forms
• to always encourage and work for the sisterhood amongst all Belly Dancers
• to be the eternal student, endeavouring to learn as much as I can from other teachers and from my own students
• To ensure that all members of Maya Dance Company respect and follow the SADTA Belly Dance Division code of ethics and guidelines
• To celebrate each day as a Belly Dancer, with gratitude for the gypsies of the past and present, for freedom, love, creativity, femininity and expression. To be open to transformation while letting my light shine and being true to the Goddess within me