Senta’s Book “Dancing with your Skeletons” is published through Balboa Press, and self-published in South Africa. visit www.sentaduffield.com for more information, or contact Senta on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senta’s story Connecting to Tanoura – My experience learning to Spin, has been published in The Belly Dance Reader 2, from the editors of www.gildedserpent.com.
Senta was awarded the prestigious title of “Umhlanga Women Achiever of the Year” for 2013!
Senta is proud to be a Committee member of KZN Women in Business www.kznwib.co.za for 2014/2015/2016/2017 and a member of Umhlanga Women Achievers www.umhlangawomenachievers.co.za and the Business Women’s Association.
Senta is qualified as a Belly Dance Teacher and adjudicator with the SADTA (South African Dance Teachers Association, and is Chairlady of the SADTA Belly Dance Division. Senta has travelled to Egypt 15 times to train with master teachers. (see qualifications page).
Senta was a finalist for the Durban Chamber Woman of Excellence Award in the Arts, Culture and Heritage category 2012.
Senta and Maya Dance Company on the Expresso Show with Lisa Raleigh in June 2012
Senta’s Mission Statement for Maya Dance Company:
• To run a studio where dancers feel safe and at home and where I can pass on the gift of healing, beauty, bubbliness, respect and love, that Belly Dance has given to me
• to dance and teach with love, compassion, respect and integrity for Belly Dance, my students, my fellow teachers, SADTA Belly Dance division and myself
• to nurture women in their own personal healing and growth, encouraging their unique expression of their true selves and to celebrate the Goddess in all women, in all her forms
• to always encourage and work for the sisterhood amongst all Belly Dancers
• to be the eternal student, endeavouring to learn as much as I can from other teachers and from my own students
• To ensure that all members of Maya Dance Company respect and follow the SADTA Belly Dance Division code of ethics and guidelines
• To celebrate each day as a Belly Dancer, with gratitude for the gypsies of the past and present, for freedom, love, creativity, femininity and expression. To be open to transformation while letting my light shine and being true to the Goddess within me